New & Used Auto Loans
Let us help you drive the car of your dreams.Apply Now
Whether you're looking for a new or used car, motorcycle, boat, or recreational vehicle, Smart Financial Credit Union has a loan for you. With low interest rates and flexible terms you will be driving the car of your dreams fast, for less money.
Save time: With the Smart Auto Direct concierge service, buying a vehicle is easier than ever before. Our Auto Direct representative will do the shopping for you and give you options to choose from! We take the hassle out of your car buying experience; Click “Apply Now” to get pre-approved and begin the process.
New Vehicle: Smart Financial may finance up to 100% of the purchase price of the MSRP of a new vehicle, truck or van. This may mean little or no down payment. A Vehicle Service Contract (Mechanical Breakdown Protection) and/or Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) may be purchased through Smart Financial and the cost added to the loan at the same interest rate. To learn more about our Mechanical Breakdown Protection and Guaranteed Asset Protection plans see information below. Terms up to 72 months are available depending on loan amount.
Used Vehicle: Smart Financial may finance up to 100% of the purchase price up to the NADA Retail Value of a used auto, truck or van. This may mean little or no down payment. Terms up to 72 months are available for late model vehicles. Terms up to 72 months are available depending on model year, loan amount, and mileage.
Refinance: Smart Financial may finance up to 100% of the balance of your current auto loan up to the NADA Retail Value of a used auto, truck or van. Terms up to 72 months are available depending on model year, loan amount, and mileage. A Vehicle Service Contract (Mechanical Breakdown Protection) and/or Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) may be purchased through Smart Financial, and the cost added to the loan at the same interest rate. To learn more about our Mechanical Breakdown Protection and Guaranteed Asset Protection plans see information below.
iQ Auto Loan Program
A low payment alternative
- Lower monthly payments – on average 30-40% lower than conventional financing.
- No down payment required.1
- Flexible loan terms from 2 to 4 ½ years.
- No prepayment penalties.
- You own the vehicle (titled in your name - not the leasing company’s).
- You can carry the level of personal vehicle insurance you choose versus the level of coverage stipulated by the leasing company in a lease contract.
- You can negotiate the vehicle purchase price like a cash purchase with the dealer.
- Lower excess mileage charge than most leasing programs of only $.10 per mile.2
- Lower disposition fee than most leasing programs of only $195.2
- Refinance remaining balance at loan maturity or anytime during the loan term.
- Keep, sell or trade the vehicle at loan maturity or anytime during the loan term.
- Return the vehicle at loan maturity in lieu of making the final balloon payment with no end of loan term hassles. Vehicle pick-up is arranged, even if you have moved to a different state!
1Restrictions may apply.
2Disposition fee of $195 and excess mileage fee of $0.10 per mile over the agreed mileage term only apply if you decide to return the vehicle at loan maturity in lieu of making the final Guaranteed Future Value payment.
Auto Loans Rates:
|Loan Term||New/Used APR*||iQ Auto Loans New/Used APR*|
|Up to 24 months||1.74%** - 17.99%||2.74%** - 5.99%|
|Up to 36 months||1.74%** - 17.99%||2.74%** - 5.99%|
|Up to 48 months||1.74%** - 17.99%||2.74%** - 5.99%|
|Up to 60 months||1.74%** - 17.99%||N/A|
|Up to 72 months||2.24%** - 17.99%||N/A|
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)***
Protect the investment in your vehicle
Protect the investment made in your vehicle with Guaranteed Asset
Protection (GAP). GAP protects the “gap” between the vehicle’s value
and the amount you still owe. It’s a non-insurance product made
available via a loan/lease deficiency waiver. GAP can give you peace of
mind by protecting you against the financial burden associated with the
loss of your vehicle.
What does GAP protect?
GAP is designed for your protection whether you finance or lease a new or used vehicle. Ask your loan representative if your vehicle type is eligible for GAP.
How does GAP work?
GAP protection goes into effect when you need it most. With GAP, you have one less worry if your vehicle is totaled in an accident and can’t be repaired, or stolen and isn’t recovered.
GAP waives the difference between your primary insurance carrier’s settlement and the payoff of your loan. Included in this difference is your insurance deductible, up to $1,000****.
You stay in the driver’s seat
The following is a typical example of how GAP comes through for you:
- Original purchase price..............................................................$25,000
- Loan balance after one year......................................................$20,000
- Insurance settlement covering vehicle’s current value.........$16,000
- GAP WAIVES THE DIFFERENCE....................................................$4,000
TOTAL GAP BENEFIT..................................................$4,000
Now with an added benefit Auto Deductible Reimbursement.
Auto Deductible Reimbursement (ADR)
- Pays up to five hundred dollars ($500) per Loss (limit of two losses per year) when a Loss is filed and paid by the auto insurance company for a Covered Auto the Member owns or leases evidenced by the title or registration, AND insures under an Auto Insurance Policy designating the Member as the Named Insured.
- Loss means an event for which the auto insurance company has approved and paid a collision or comprehensive claim which exceeds the Auto Insurance Policy deductible for the Covered Auto.
- Coverage is effective upon date of enrollment and will continue for three (3) years.
If the Member suffers a Loss during the benefit period which is covered by the Member’s Auto Insurance Policy, the Member may be entitled to reimbursement of the Auto Insurance Policy deductible amount up to five hundred dollar ($500) per Loss. To be eligible for reimbursement the Member must own or lease and insure the Covered Auto under an Auto Insurance Policy designating the Member as the Named Insured.Get a Quote
For more information, please call 713-407-1755 or 1-800-392-5084.
Above loan calculation based on 60 month loan at 6% APR.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection*****
"Statistics show that 80% of all repairs come after your factory warranty has expired!"
Is your vehicle quickly approaching the end of its factory warranty? Are you considering the purchase of a vehicle whose factory warranty has expired? Would you enjoy the feeling of driving your vehicle without worrying about the high cost of repairs?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then you should know that Smart Financial Credit Union offers low-cost Mechanical Breakdown Protection to members of Smart Financial Credit Union through Route 66 Warranty.
Their policies are designed to protect you against unforeseen mechanical failures. In addition to paying for your repairs, they also provide the following:
- Rental Car Allowance
- 24 hr. Road Side Assistance
If you plan on driving a vehicle that is out of the factory warranty, then you should strongly consider protecting your investment and your pocketbook with low cost mechanical breakdown protection.Get a Quote
Contact Lending Department at 713-407-1755 for details!
*All rates are inclusive of all discounts and are dependent on credit worthiness. Your rate will be determined once your application has been processed and approved. Rates are subject to change without notice.
** Lowest rate includes Auto-Pay and Member Loyalty discounts, if applicable.
***GAP and ADR are provided by Allied Solutions, a Provider of Smart Financial.
****GAP and deductible reimbursement benefits are available in most, but not all states. Please consult your financing representative for the availability of this important benefit.
*****Mechanical Breakdown Protection (Vehicle Service Contract/Warranty) is provided by Route 66 Warranty, a provider of Smart Financial.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: