Introducing our New Online and Mobile Experience!
We are introducing our new online, mobile banking and bill payment experience that is designed to make managing your Smart Financial accounts even easier.
New features include:
- Alerts and Notices - options by account, transaction type, amount, and more
- Transfers - to other Financial Institutions (sent by ACH)
- Budget and Savings Goals Tools - track and categorize transactions
- Balance Peek – view balance quickly without signing on
- Bill Pay - updated look and features
- Enhanced security - using your contact information
1) Where can I find a"Help" guide for basic navigation, such as how to log on, or change my password, etc.?
The help guide can be found on our website for future reference. Please click here to download a copy.
2) Where will I go to sign in to Virtual Branch?
Virtual Branch online will be located on our website, just as it has always been. If you have this saved as a favorite, you will need to update the link.
3) Will my sign on ID change?
- Your current sign on ID will not change
- You will be required to create a new password when logging on to the new system for the first time
- The password reset will require current email and/or cell phone information
4) Will bill pay change again?
- Yes, the look and some features in Smart Bill Pay will be upgraded during this transition
- Payee information, activity, and history will not change.
- Your payees will be transferred and available immediately following the upgrade.
5) What if I do not receive a temporary password?
This could indicate that your email and/or cell phone number may not be current. You may call member services at 713.850.1600 or visit a branch for assistance. We apologize there may be extended hold times during the initial transition.
6) How do I transfer money to my account with another financial Institution?
Click on the ‘transfer’ widget and select external account. You will be required to confirm each account you add, by providing additional transaction information. This process will require access to the account you are transferring to, and may take up to 3 business days for processing.
7) How long will it take for my external transfer to be processed?
External transfers are typically processed within 3 business days.
8) What is different in the mobile deposit process?
Mobile deposit will now automatically take a pictures of your check, once you are ready to process it. Also, you will now be able to review your account history for a copy of the item that you deposit. The status of the mobile deposit transaction will not display as it had in the past.
9) What does “classic payment” mean VS “multi” payment when using Bill Payment?
Each of the tabs will provide a different view. ‘Classic’ will show all payees to submit one payment at a time while ‘Multi’ allows multiple payments to be added quicker.
It is a matter of preference - both will allow you to view your list of payees and will be processed in the same way.
10) How do I make a payment/transfer to my loan?
Use the ‘transfer/payment’ widget to make transfer to internal or external deposit or loan accounts.
11) How to set up ACH payments/transfers?
Use the ‘transfer/payment’ widget and click on "add account." The drop down will allow you to select "at Smart Financial" or "at another bank."
- Selecting at another bank will require additional information and will require a verification process for the first payment. Those payments ‘at another bank’ will be routed via ACH, and will generally take 3 business days for processing.
- Selecting at Smart Financial will allow you to transfer to another member at Smart Financial – you will need their account number and name to proceed.
12) Where can we direct member’s online to view their full account number?
The best place to view a full account number is on your account e-Statement. Click on the ‘accounts’ widget and click on the ‘Statements’ tab to view historic statements.
13) Will bill pay remain the same?
Bill pay services will not change in terms of how the system is set up, only the look and navigation is different.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: